I love a good book I can fall into.
Sometimes I wish I could literally fall into a book and experience the lives of the characters. Here are ten books that are like that for me.
Do you have any books you’d like to dive right into?
Gothic romance on the windswept moors? Yes please.
In reality, toxic relationship in a damp and drafty house, I realize, still would be interested in a visit.
Glittering city on one side of the river, seemingly run-down city on the other. Not going to lie – I’d be drawn to the underworld.
Country estate with cute soldiers and rich men to interact with. Oh, you’re heartbroken – go stay with your cousins for a couple months. Feeling poorly – go tour the lake district.
It’s 17th Century London, with color magic.
Steampunk Victorian London with vampires and werewolves.
(SK Note: I only recommend the first book and number 5 – the middle three are a slog)
Morenia is a kingdom with a caste-based society based on your trade/your guild. It’s a fun read, none the less.
19th century Angland where men are the magical individuals and women run the government and politics. It would be interesting to experience at any rate.
Ketterdam is clearly based on Amsterdam. Either way, it seems like an interesting place to visit.
The Five Hundred Kingdoms are home to our fairy tales come to life. I prefer this book to the others I’ve read in the series, but the location still seems like a nice place to visit – avoiding the evil wizards and creatures who wish harm upon everyone.
To read any of my book reviews, check HERE.
See you next time!
- Houston Adventures: Atlanta’s Ponce City MarketFamily review of our recent Houston Adventure IN ATLANTA to the Ponce City Market.
- Show Review – Metal Shop MastersShow Review of Netflix’s Metal Shop Masters, which is to binge, but I wouldn’t rewatch or even care about another season.
- SKewed Clues #91Skewed Clues #91 – A Round-up of Things We Should Know and Care About, Local Houston Loves, What I’ve Been Reading and Listening to, and Some Amazing Humans.
- Book Review – Would You Rather?: Questions for CouplesBook review of Would You Rather? Questions for Couples by Sanji Moore and Taylor Moore, which is full of fun, silly, and sometimes cringy questions to help you get to know your partner or significant other.
- Houston Adventures: Dreher Masterworks at HMNSFamily review of our recent Houston Adventure to the Houston Museum of Natural Science Dreher Masterworks exhibition.
- Top Ten Tuesday – Books Set In a Place I’d Like to VisitI love a good book I can fall into. Sometimes I wish I could literally fall into a book and experience the lives of the characters. Here are ten books that are like that for me. Do you have any books you’d like to dive right into?