“I’m feeling grim and grumpy” said Little Small, “and I don’t think you love me at all.”
– No Matter What by Debi Gliori
This phrase pops into my head whenever I’m having a day like I am having today. I am angry and resentful and just pissed off at the world. Some of it is justified/has a source, but other parts I KNOW I am being ridiculous and unreasonable.
Admitting it is the first step, right?
But mostly I want to throw a kicking, screaming, toddler tantrum and rage against the storm.
So, I am sitting here, trying to figure out how to change my attitude. Fix what needs fixing. Control my inner toddler. And get on with the day.
Aside from drinking or smashing things (BOTH useful outlets to anger, but in their proper time and place. My office is not appropriate for either, despite how much I want to utilize both), journaling didn’t help much. Often, journaling helps me/causes me to delve deeper into my problem and actually address the root of the issue and (often painfully) get some resolution. I don’t have time for that, right now.
The next thing that came to mind was “Counting My Blessings.”
I know it’s rather cheesy, but here we go.
Five things I’m grateful for RIGHT NOW:
- Coffee. I did not sleep well last night (again) and my throat is rough this morning. Thank you Starbucks.
- #MyHusband is home. For the past three weeks, he’s been on a job site. I know there are many others dealing with a more difficult situation, I’m not trying to compare myself. I’m just glad we can get back to what our “normal” is.
- #MyChild LOVES her summer camp. Splash-pad or swimming, movies, and crafts every day. 5-year-old heaven.
- Pinterest – oh, the rabbit holes you can fall down in this one, Alice.
- IT’S FRIDAY!
How about you? Are you grim and grumpy today? Are you just on Cloud 9?
No matter what, I hope you can find a handful of things you are grateful for today.
Even if they are as frivolous as coffee and a website.