Have you ever heard of Twin Bings?
These are one of my Mom’s favorite candies. They were created near where I grew up, were present through most of my life, and then I realized they were a regional thing. Huh.
I do know, now, there are other very similar candies around, but this recipe is one my grandma used to make every year at Christmas time.
Cherry Bing Bars
24 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
3/4 c. peanut butter, divided
2/3 c. evaporated milk
2 c. sugar
½ c. butter
2 c. mini marshmallows
6 oz. cherry chips
2 c. salted peanuts, chopped
1. Melt 12 oz. chocolate chips and ¼ c. peanut butter in saucepan over medium heat,stirring often.
2.Spread into 9 x 13 inch pan.
3. Let cool completely.
4. Combine evaporated milk, sugar, and butter in saucepan and bring to boil.
5. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
6. Add marshmallows and cherry chips. Stir well.
7. Pour mixture over first layer.
8. Let cool completely.
9. Melt 12 oz chocolate chips, ½ c. peanut butter, and salted peanuts over medium heat, stirring often.
10. Combine well. Pour over second layer.
11. Let all cool completely.