I love a good book I can fall into.
Sometimes I wish I could literally fall into a book and experience the lives of the characters. Here are ten books that are like that for me.
Do you have any books you’d like to dive right into?
Gothic romance on the windswept moors? Yes please.
In reality, toxic relationship in a damp and drafty house, I realize, still would be interested in a visit.
Glittering city on one side of the river, seemingly run-down city on the other. Not going to lie – I’d be drawn to the underworld.
Country estate with cute soldiers and rich men to interact with. Oh, you’re heartbroken – go stay with your cousins for a couple months. Feeling poorly – go tour the lake district.
It’s 17th Century London, with color magic.
Steampunk Victorian London with vampires and werewolves.
(SK Note: I only recommend the first book and number 5 – the middle three are a slog)
Morenia is a kingdom with a caste-based society based on your trade/your guild. It’s a fun read, none the less.
19th century Angland where men are the magical individuals and women run the government and politics. It would be interesting to experience at any rate.
Ketterdam is clearly based on Amsterdam. Either way, it seems like an interesting place to visit.
The Five Hundred Kingdoms are home to our fairy tales come to life. I prefer this book to the others I’ve read in the series, but the location still seems like a nice place to visit – avoiding the evil wizards and creatures who wish harm upon everyone.
To read any of my book reviews, check HERE.
See you next time!
- SKewed Clues #94Skewed Clues #94 – A Round-up of Things We Should Know and Care About, Local Houston Loves, What I’ve Been Reading and Listening to, and Some Amazing Humans.
- Top Ten Tuesday – Fall 2022 TBRStill pretty terrible at completing a to-be-read list, here are ten books that I’m trying to finish in Fall 2022.
- When We Know Better, We Do Better 03Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better. Three separate, but important, reminders this time.
- Show Review – All the Old KnivesShow Review of All the Old Knives. It is incredibly disappointing.
- SKewed Clues #93Skewed Clues #93 – A Round-up of Things We Should Know and Care About, Local Houston Loves, What I’ve Been Reading and Listening to, and Some Amazing Humans.
- Top Ten Tuesday – Books of Which I Needed at Least Two VersionsWhen you love a book, sometimes you cannot help but feel the need to own multiples of that book. Here is a list of books where I had to buy at least two versions.