I love a good book I can fall into.
Sometimes I wish I could literally fall into a book and experience the lives of the characters. Here are ten books that are like that for me.
Do you have any books you’d like to dive right into?
Gothic romance on the windswept moors? Yes please.
In reality, toxic relationship in a damp and drafty house, I realize, still would be interested in a visit.
Glittering city on one side of the river, seemingly run-down city on the other. Not going to lie – I’d be drawn to the underworld.
Country estate with cute soldiers and rich men to interact with. Oh, you’re heartbroken – go stay with your cousins for a couple months. Feeling poorly – go tour the lake district.
It’s 17th Century London, with color magic.
Steampunk Victorian London with vampires and werewolves.
(SK Note: I only recommend the first book and number 5 – the middle three are a slog)
Morenia is a kingdom with a caste-based society based on your trade/your guild. It’s a fun read, none the less.
19th century Angland where men are the magical individuals and women run the government and politics. It would be interesting to experience at any rate.
Ketterdam is clearly based on Amsterdam. Either way, it seems like an interesting place to visit.
The Five Hundred Kingdoms are home to our fairy tales come to life. I prefer this book to the others I’ve read in the series, but the location still seems like a nice place to visit – avoiding the evil wizards and creatures who wish harm upon everyone.
To read any of my book reviews, check HERE.
See you next time!
- SKewed Clues #99Skewed Clues #99 – A Round-up of Things We Should Know and Care About, Local Houston Loves, What I’ve Been Reading and Listening to, and Some Amazing Humans.
- Book Review – A Coastline Is an Immeasurable ThingBook review of A Coastline Is an Immeasurable Thing by Mary-Alice Daniel, which is like sitting down with an old friend and catching up on life. I really enjoyed this one.
- Black Friday 2022Happy Friday! Please enjoy some fun shopping today or use some ideas for alternatives.
- Take What You Need – Thanksgiving EditionTake what you need to get through this impending holiday. Love from me to you!
- SKewed Clues #98Skewed Clues #98 – A Round-up of Things We Should Know and Care About, Local Houston Loves, What I’ve Been Reading and Listening to, and Some Amazing Humans.
- Are you a Manager or a Boss?After a tough annual review, I am ruminating on the difference between a manager and a boss. Which one are you?